US Road Trip || Yosemite National Park

Finally I have edited my Yosemite photos, or at least the best ones. I took so many photos during our three days in Yosemite National Park that it was quite a daunting task to go through them all. Hence why I have taken so long to get this post up. In fact, I have so many photo’s I will do a separate post showing the views from Glacier Point because otherwise this post would go on FOREVER.

You might have caught my earlier post about the road to Yosemite National Park. There I shared some photos from our journey to this spectacular area. Well now it is time for the real deal. Yosemite National Park itself. I was so excited for this part of our trip. Obviously I was looking forward to everything we had planned but Yosemite was always going to be a highlight and it did not disappoint. The whole area is absolutely stunning. Full of beautiful lakes, waterfalls, forest’s and mountains.

We explored Yosemite during mid-June, so it was touristy but not super insane, we didn’t have to endure any queues entering the park which we had been warned about. It was however ridiculously hot. I mean so hot there just wasn’t enough water in the world to keep us hydrated! I think I ate my weight in ice cream in an attempt to stay cool.

I knew Yosemite was going to be beautiful but nothing can quite prepare you for just how stunning it is and how majestic the mountains are. In particular the view of the Half Dome from Glacier Point was awesome and of course Cathedral Rock was magnificent. There is literally a photo opportunity everywhere you turn. I wish I could say Carl and I had a plan of attack for exploring the area but we just drove/walked around stopping at places of interest and exploring them. That’s is just how we roll. Obviously we had a map of the area and new the main points of interest but mainly it was aimlessly exploring admiring the beauty everywhere. I sort of think that is the best way to see something.

Being mid-June, the landscape was lush and green and there were so many pretty flowers in the meadows and lots of wildlife. We saw a couple of deer, plenty of chipmunks and squirrels and even a snake. Oh, and we almost ran over a coyote on the drive home! Side note: apparently squirrels in Yosemite are carriers of the plague virus so don’t be touching them if you ever go there!

I could say so much more about Yosemite National Park but I will let the photos do all the talking! Yosemite National Park should be on everyone’s bucket list. It is so beautiful and there is so much to explore, I really hope I get to go back there one day soon. Have you been before? Let me know below.

Like I said earlier there will be more posts from the park and the surrounding area very soon. In the meantime why not read some of my previous road trip stories?

Pin it!

13 Comments

1. Sarah | www.31andover.com 30th January 2017 / 10:19 am

Wow, amazing photos! Yosemite will be included in my next US roadtrip, for sure! Did you have to pay to enter the park though? 🙂

2. cycloscope - adventure cycling 30th January 2017 / 10:23 am

That is astounding! So much beauty to explore in the US!

3. Maria A 30th January 2017 / 12:44 pm

Unbelievable views! You are so lucky to see it, I wish I could go there tomorrow! Love National Parks, but I’ve only been in Grand Canyon so far. Maria from Tigrest.com

4. Neha Gupta 31st January 2017 / 6:39 am

I have heard a lot about it. Is this where you can do one of the longest circuit treks?

5. Glimpses of The World 31st January 2017 / 6:36 pm

Great photos, it was worth to wait. 😉 It does look amazing, love national parks, great way to spend your time, just enjoying the nature. Thanks!

6. Lena Dre 31st January 2017 / 9:55 pm

your pictures are awesome, really! Thanks for sharing! I know how hard it is to find the best pictures and to sort out soooo many others! 🙂 the Parc looks great as well; we were just near by some month ago for a road trip, but had no time to to make it to Yosemite or any national Parc.. hope we will have a chance another time!

7. Davide uTravelshare 1st February 2017 / 12:54 pm

How many beautiful pictures here?!?! Great post, I pinned it too!! Nice experience and sincerely this park in on my bucket list for the US journey in next November 2017! I will read it again, thank you for sharing these stunning pictures 😀

8. Mike Still 2nd February 2017 / 1:37 am

You have some truly stunning photos here! I really want to visit Yosemite one day. Great idea to eat all that ice cream to help you stay cool!

9. Rosie | Girl In Awe 3rd February 2017 / 9:55 am

Beautiful photos, I feel like I’m right back there now. I only did a day trip from SF, but I absolutely loved it. I would love to go back and spend a few days there because there is so much to do.

10. Rhiannon 5th February 2017 / 12:08 am

Wow your pictures are beautiful! The sky looks so crisp and everything is just stunning! Yosemite is somewhere I’d love to visit some day, but I might have to learn how to say it first. I always pronounce it as Yo-Sem-Might but I’ve mostly heard Americans say it like Yo-Sem-It-Tee, which sounds funny to me.

11. Emily Louisa 5th February 2017 / 10:15 am

What a gorgeous place. I especially love the photos of the waterfalls… Would love to visit Yosemite sometime; perhaps on a road trip with the other National Parks too.

Comments are closed.